THE SECOND ROLL and PICKING UP THE PACE.
I start out the day taking a picture of the half moon so beautiful in the clear blue morning sky. I end up spending most of the day creating a makeshift film photography curriculum for myself:
- shooting still life and details
- bracketing and light meter
- study of natural lighting situations (full sun, overcast, open shade, back-lit, window light)
- creating a connection with the subject
- adapting to new locations
- creative composition
- using reflectors and skrims to control and direct light
- film types, including black and white
- using props
I'm hoping a little structure and direction will help me focus my daily efforts and practice.
After Adeline wakes up from her nap, we end up getting some fun shots of the kids in the afternoon light. All at f/2, 1/160.
It was a good day and I'm feeling the optimism and excitement build!
To catch up on the entire series, you check it out here!